Call for papers
The Third Joint Workshop on Hands-free Speech Communication and Microphone Arrays will be held from 30 May to 1 June 2011 in Edinburgh, Scotland. The workshop will bring together researchers in microphone arrays and speech/speaker recognition and focusing on recent advances in speech and signal processing techniques based upon multi-microphone systems, and on distant-talking speech communication and human/machine interaction. Demonstrations of experimental systems, applications, and prototypes are especially welcome.
Technical co-sponsor: IEEE Signal Processing Society. The proceedings will be available on IEEE Xplore.
The technical scope of the workshop includes but is not limited to:
- Multichannel acoustic signal processing;
- Speech and speaker recognition technology;
- Microphone array technology and architectures;
- Applications based on microphone arrays and distant-talking or hands-free speech systems.
There is an emphasis on work that crosses these technical areas.
The workshop programme will consist of talks, posters and demonstrations. Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers (up to 6 pages; 2 pages for demo papers).
** The list of accepted papers and demonstrations is now available **
- Paper submission: 27 February 2011
- Paper acceptance/rejection: 24 March 2011
- Workshop: 30 May - 1 June 2011